Aylesbury High School is a popular and oversubscribed 11-18 girls’ selective school, with 1298 students on roll, including 386 in the Sixth Form. We have strong community and international links. The school has been judged ‘Outstanding’ in all categories by Ofsted. We have a strong CPD programme for all staff and a particularly good NQT induction scheme.
We have the following vacancy:
Teacher of Physical Education (MPS/UPS)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed teacher to join our PE Team; a good knowledge of netball plus another of our major sports would be desirable.
We require someone with:
- A good honours degree in a relevant subject.
- A real enthusiasm for the subject and a confident classroom presence.
- The ability to build good relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
In return, we can offer you:
- A very supportive and friendly team, with well-developed resources.
- The opportunity to teach well-behaved and highly motivated students, who are enthusiastic about learning and have a desire to succeed.
- Excellent facilities.
- The opportunity to make a real difference to our students’ learning experience.
- A strong commitment to continuing professional development, including Teaching and Learning lunches, leadership programmes and many other opportunities.
- A very warm and welcoming working environment.
- Your own laptop.
- An opportunity to get involved in other school activities such as school productions, trips, Duke of Edinburgh Awards etc.
Closing date: Friday 7 June, 9.00 am
Interviews will be during the following week
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.