Food is a very exciting, creative and interesting subject to study. There is much to learn but a great deal of this is through practical making activities, which involve working with a wide range of ingredients and food products.
- Investigating the functional properties of ingredients.
- Designing new, innovative food products.
- Learning the processes and techniques to make healthy and creative food products.
- Understanding the links between diet and health.
- Making choices as a consumer.
Annual competitions we take part in include:
- Future Chef competition
- Rotary Club – Young chef competition
Subject team leader: Mrs Sarah Saunders