Here at AHS we have an experienced team to support all students. We believe it is a strength to ask for help.
- We are available before school from 8:15am for daily check-ins.
- Additional 1:1 support in specific subjects is provided in exceptional cases.
- 1:1 sessions and dyslexia support sessions are carried out by our Learning Practitioner Mrs Fox
- Social skills intervention is provided for students who need more targeted support, we run multiple clubs you can find more information here.
- Small group resilience training is offered by the Mental Health and Wellbeing Lead
- Access arrangements are made for exams where a specialist’s report identifies a need and evidence of need has been compiled. Types of provision may include the use of a laptop, additional time or rest breaks. Where there is an identified medical need further arrangements may have to be made.
- We have a dedicated classroom in L2 for our SEND students who need extra support throughout the day. The room comes with resources and the support of an LSA.
- Our Sixth form SEND Ambassadors work with individual students and groups.
Where a student needs more specialised support, external agencies and other professionals may become involved. Find out more about our partners here.